[Xen-devel]: Admission Control

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel]: Admission Control
From: "Vishal Mhatre" <vmhatre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 15:17:28 -0500 (EST)
Delivery-date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 12:17:52 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

As of now, Xen does not support admission control for the SEDF scheduler.
For example, 2 Domains having a slice of 10 ms and a period of 15 ms can
coexist, although it is impossible to honor these scheduling parameters.
    I have developed a patch, which warns the user if the scheduling parameters
cannot be honored in case of SEDF scheduler. This is for a single CPU.
    I want to extend this to multiple CPUs. I would like to know how XEN SEDF
deals with multiple CPUs.

 Thanks,
 Vishal