Re: [Xen-devel] Re: PV on HVM guest hang...

To: <mukesh.rathor@xxxxxxxxxx>, Sheng Liang <shengliang@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: PV on HVM guest hang...
From: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 08:06:18 +0100
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 00:06:55 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 25/9/08 20:10, "Mukesh Rathor" <mukesh.rathor@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This seems to work, but not sure if it's the best fix, and currently waiting
> for feedback from intel, and others here now.

The fix is bogus since assertion of a GSI (basically an IO-APIC input pin)
should not be dependent on whether the pin is masked in the IO-APIC -- the
input pin 'voltage level' is obviously not affected by the
masked/not-masked.

This is *supposed* to just work (assuming it is the PV-on-HVM IRQ that is
getting stuck asserted). See the explicit logic to deassert and then
reassert the PV-on-HVM INTx line in irq_save_pci().

My guess would be that you are using 3.1 branch, where that fix was never
applied (not sure why; possibly I missed it by accident). You want changeset
15691 from xen-unstable.hg.

 -- Keir