RE: [Xen-devel] Version Detection

To: "Quang Ngo" <quang4ngo@xxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Version Detection
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 12:58:48 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 03:57:22 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

For the standard build of Xen, examining the binaries will not trivially
tell which version of Xen it is. There are functions in
.../xen/common/version.c, but those return one small part of the whole
version numbegr (eg 3.1.0 is major = 3, minor=1, extra="0") as integers
and strings respectively.

There is no "encoded" version numbers in some header or datablock that
you can search for, as far as I can see.

Of course, "xm info" once the binary is booted would give you all the
info you need and more.

I haven't looked at the "vmlinuz" if it's got any version info.

--
Mats