RE: [Xen-devel] FW: about VIRQ & PIRQ

To: "Mark Williamson" <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] FW: about VIRQ & PIRQ
From: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 12:45:05 +0800
Cc: "Gautham Kampalapur Shankar, TLS, Chennai" <gauthamk@xxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 21:43:19 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Good explanation, except one point. :-) All event channels are allocated
on demand and there's no one-to-one mapping for even PIRQ. When
driver tries to start its irq, a new event port is allocated and then bound
to that PIRQ. There does be a one-to-one mapping style, for PIRQ
mapped into the IRQ namespace which is shared with DYNIRQ.

Thanks,
Kevin