RE: [Xen-devel] DomU crash during migration when suspending source domai

To: "Keir Fraser" <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Keir Fraser" <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] DomU crash during migration when suspending source domain
From: "Graham, Simon" <Simon.Graham@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 07:45:05 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 04:44:36 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> The question is whether it has a chance of being accepted upstream.
> Since
> it's rather bigger than the one-liner we originally hoped for, we
don't
> want
> to carry it if it has no chance of acceptance.

You have a better idea of that than I do - however, it seemed to me that
a complete fix for the cases where allocation failed would be more
likely to be accepted than something that only fixes one place.

Another thing to consider -- hitting allocation failures is MUCH more
likely in the Xen environment when live migration is in use; how often
is a processor taken down and then restarted outside of live migration?
However, since live migration can occur when the domain has been up for
a long time, it's much more likely for the allocation to fail (although
presumably still somewhat low)...

Excuse my ignorance but what's the process for pushing something like
this upstream?
/simgr