Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Reducing impact of save/restore/dump on Dom0

> It's pretty easy for us to arrange that everything is page aligned. If
> there was a measurable performance advantage using o_direct rather than
> madvise/fadvise it probably makes sense to use it -- I can't see
> o_direct going away any time soon.

O_DIRECT won't do any write behind, so unless you do very aggressive IO
(large IO requests, threads or aio so you do useful work during the disk write
latency) it will be likely slower. Similar for read -- it won't do any
readahead which you would need to do by yourself.

It's really not a very good idea for most non database applications.

-Andi