Re: [Xen-devel] Credit Scheduler not working correct (3.0.4-0)

To: Timo Benk <timo.benk@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Credit Scheduler not working correct (3.0.4-0)
From: Atsushi SAKAI <sakaia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 19:25:53 +0900
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 02:26:10 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, Timo

Primary goal of Credit Scheduler is loadbalancing multiple CPU resources.
So if you pin vcpu, this condition is violated,
since vcpu cannot migrate between pcpu.

Anyway, Credit scheduler specification is defined by Emmanuel.
So I have no comment on it.

But, I hope scheduler instruction should be simple.(like vmware weight)
Current credit scheduler is very complex
when we uses relative weight and vcpu pin with mixing these two parameter)

c.f. vmware uses absolute weight(like CPU freqency)

Thanks
Atsushi SAKAI