Re: [Xen-devel] Current HVM acpi support is broken

To: "Wang, Winston L" <winston.l.wang@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Current HVM acpi support is broken
From: "Christian Limpach" <christian.limpach@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 22:45:07 +0100
Cc: Ian Pratt <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Tang Liang <tangliang@xxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 14:45:36 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 8/8/06, Wang, Winston L <winston.l.wang@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Another update:
Qemu0.8.2 acpi table:
There is no apic mode _prt table and processor table in dsdt, that is
why smp linux boot only showing one vcpu,
That means acpi smp can not supported.

Thanks for looking at this.  I agree, the qemu acpi code seems too
new.  I'll apply the patch to disable it and we'll keep using the acpi
code you provided.

    christian