Re: [Xen-devel] guest kexec / domU boot loader

To: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] guest kexec / domU boot loader
From: Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 12:40:32 +0100
Cc: Xen devel list <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 11:39:57 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Keir Fraser wrote:

> With auto_translate, you should use the new MEMOP_add_to_physmap call.
> It allows you to move shared_info and grant_table pages around in the
> physmap space (if you call and they already have a mapping, the old
> mapping goes away).

What happens with the place where the mapping was?  Does a hole appear
there or is the "magic" page replaced by a normal page?  Can I move the
console and xenstore pages too?

> I could also add a gpfn special value to have them
> removed from the physmap entirely (maybe useful for kexec?).

I don't see a need for that right now.

cheers,

  Gerd

--
Gerd 'just married' Hoffmann <kraxel@xxxxxxx>
I'm the hacker formerly known as Gerd Knorr.