[Xen-devel] domU boot/mount errors

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] domU boot/mount errors
From: Stephan Böni <boeni@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 19:03:48 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 17:01:06 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
When i start my domU, often there are not all filesystems mounted, as defined in /etc/fstab. In all cases the device nodes, like /dev/hda3, are missing. After every reboot of my domU some other device nodes are gone and others are now there, but never all of them. That's really ugly.

# mount
/dev/hda1 on / type reiserfs (rw,acl,user_xattr)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
/dev/hda13 on /usr type reiserfs (rw)
/dev/hda2 on /cdb type reiserfs (rw)
/dev/hda4 on /data/docarchive type reiserfs (rw)
/dev/hda5 on /home type reiserfs (rw)
/dev/hda7 on /data/mailserver type reiserfs (rw)
/dev/hda8 on /data/pos type reiserfs (rw)
/dev/hda9 on /data/pub type reiserfs (rw)
/dev/hda11 on /tmp type reiserfs (rw)
/dev/hda12 on /data/transfer type reiserfs (rw)
/dev/hda14 on /var type reiserfs (rw)
#
# mount /dev/hda10
mount: special device /dev/hda10 does not exist
#
# mount /dev/hda3
mount: special device /dev/hda3 does not exist

In the config file are all devices defined. Does anybody know a solution for this problem?

Stephan