Re: [Xen-devel] More on domU not starting -- HELP

Ted Kaczmarek wrote:

Do not or use any existing designations or reuse any for domU's.
In your case I am assuming you have a /dev/hda.

edit the domU fstab to /dev/sda1 for / and dev/sda2 for swap and the
domu config accordingly.

Do not use sda1 or sda2 for any additional domU's.

I will open up a bug on this shortly, this was bugging me for a while,
but with this workaround my domu's now come up 100% of the time every
time.

What was the exact failure mode you observed? It doesn't seem like it's the same problem I'm seeing...

My domU doesn't get booted to anywhere near the point where fstab would make a difference. After the message:
   xen_blk: Initialising virtual block device driver
There is no message like:
  Registering block device major xxx
Which looks to me like the kernel is simply not finding any block device at all. Presumably this is because xen didn't provide one for it. Why it does that, I don't know. But it used to work just fine a few weeks ago.

Rob