Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-changelog] Create new vcpu_op() hypercall. Repl

To: Ryan Harper <ryanh@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-changelog] Create new vcpu_op() hypercall. Replaces old boot_vcpu()
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 17:36:20 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 16:28:54 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 4 Oct 2005, at 17:05, Ryan Harper wrote:

btw, this patch also regressed vcpu-{enable/disable} for dom0 and domU.

Actually this was just the first changeset where I noticed.  The break
is further back.  I'll reply in a bit with the changeset where this was
broken.

I see problems on smp save/restore -- secondary cpus end up looping forever (I think waiting for their state to be CPU_UP_PREPARE in play_dead()). I'm sure there's a similar problem in vcpu-up/down logic. I don't think it can be very hard to fix. :-)

 -- Keir