Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Brief TLS/PAE/xenbus/AGP/Debian/VCS questions

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Brief TLS/PAE/xenbus/AGP/Debian/VCS questions
From: Yvette Chanco <yentlsoup@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 15:46:16 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 20:45:10 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> > Is anyone making Debian packages of the unstable branch code? If not,
> > I guess I will roll my own. The stable packages are still at 2.0.5 in
> > the Debian archive, but I guess they will get to 2.0.6 once Adam Heath
> > gets a breather from his work.
>
> I think a few people had agreed to co-operate to make this happen.  We're very
> keen to maintain the good support Debian has had for Xen.

I believe that Adam Heath doesn't have the time to maintain the
packages (that was posted to the list a while back). I made public
some packages that I created (for 2.0.6), and have been getting
feedback on them, especially on things such as how the packages are
broken down (slightly differently from the original), how stable are
the modules, how to best deal with the /lib/tls issue (if you get
answers to your most recent questions about it, that would help, too)
and what's the appropriate behaviour in an "upgrade" on a machine that
has running domUs.

My intention was to create a set of unstable packages if the stable
packages seemed useful (but that certainly won't be this week) and
also post (probably to xen-users) again to try to see who else is
still working on this.

Also (if you haven't seen it) this page has some comments on the
patches/glibc/tls issue a link to a package that somebody built:
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/DebianSarge