Re: [Xen-devel] xm create as root vs xm destroy as normal user

> > There is currently no notion of capabilities. In 3.0 the default
> > communication path between xm and xend is now a unix domain socket so
> > by default only root can execute xm commands.
>
> I'm sorry, I do not understand the answer. The "no notion of capabilities",
> does that mean "yes, non-root users can stop Xen sessions in 2.x"?

Yep.  Anyone who can get to Xend's http interface can access all the
management functions.  The only solution in the 2.0 tree is to allow only
trusted users the appropriate network access (e.g. no untrusted local users,
firewall off Xend from non-management networks).

Security in 3.0 will be rather less permissive :-)

Cheers,
Mark