RE: [Xen-devel] Light weight shadow code

To: "Arun Sharma" <arun.sharma@xxxxxxxxx>, <Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Light weight shadow code
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 08:22:11 +0100
Delivery-date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 07:21:09 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> We're doing some changes to the shadow code and would like to
> make sure that we're not breaking existing functionality -
> specifically support for the light weight shadows.
> Can someone tell us if this code is functional?

Yes it is, and its critical migration and hence has to be rock solid

> If yes, how do we go about testing it?

Use the dom0_op interface to turn it on (specifically LOGDIRTY mode),
then in the background call the CLEAN command every couple of seconds.
You should then run at least lmbench, ltp, fork bomb, ttcp, dd, kernel
compile over NFS.