Re: [Xen-devel] sHype changeset causes error in domU creation

To: George Washington Dunlap III <dunlapg@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] sHype changeset causes error in domU creation
From: Steven Hand <Steven.Hand@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 00:35:59 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Steven.Hand@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 23:34:58 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>The changeset adding ssid variable to domain creation causes the following
>error when I try to create a domain:
>
>---
>Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/lib/python/xen/xend/server/SrvDomainDir.py", line 63, in
>op_create
>     dominfo = self.xd.domain_create(config)
>   File "/usr/lib/python/xen/xend/XendDomain.py", line 276, in
>domain_create
>     dominfo = XendDomainInfo.create(self.dbmap, config)
>   File "/usr/lib/python/xen/xend/XendDomainInfo.py", line 159, in create
>     vm.construct(config)
>   File "/usr/lib/python/xen/xend/XendDomainInfo.py", line 510, in
>construct
>     self.init_domain()
>   File "/usr/lib/python/xen/xend/XendDomainInfo.py", line 670, in
>init_domain
>     id = self.image.initDomain(self.id, self.memory, self.ssidref, cpu,
>self.cpu_weight)
>   File "/usr/lib/python/xen/xend/image.py", line 122, in initDomain
>     dom = xc.domain_create(dom = dom or 0, ssidref = ssidref)
>OverflowError: long int too large to convert to int

Bizarre - this seems to be a python 2.4 only property... and is also
odd in that python is trying to convert ssidref to an int (rather than
an unsigned one). Possibly a side effect of the unified int/long stuff,
possibly a minor change in the native method interface, possibly a
change to u32.py...

>Changing the following line makes a temporary fix:

Well not really a fix so much as a "make the exception go away" :-)
I'll take a look tomorrow at the best way to fix this - may be that
Keir's suggestion of using 0 as the 'null' ssidref is correct, although
zero currently has another meaning...

cheers,

S.