Re: [Xen-devel] python2.4 and logging

To: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] python2.4 and logging
From: Ryan Harper <ryanh@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 09:04:05 -0500
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ryan Harper <ryanh@xxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 14:03:27 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
* Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [2005-06-20 08:58]:
> > Any one else seeing this output from xend?
> >
> > ValueError: I/O operation on closed file
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/logging/handlers.py", line 62, in emit
> >     if self.shouldRollover(record):
> >   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/logging/handlers.py", line 132, in
> > shouldRollover self.stream.seek(0, 2)  #due to non-posix-compliant Windows
> > feature
> Yes, incessantly.

Good to hear I'm not the only one.

> I haven't heard anything about it for a while - did you ever solve this?

No, it became less annoying, though still unresolved, now that it only
writes that to /var/log/xend-debug.log instead of to stdout/stderr.

Ryan Harper
IBM Corp., Austin, Tx
(512) 838-9253   T/L: 678-9253