[Xen-devel] Re: dom0 bootstrap for xenstore

On 16 Jun 2005, at 16:54, Mike Wray wrote:

Ah, it's not working because xc_map_foreign_range does not raise refcnts on the page being mapped. unmap_range then does the right thing for foreign pages, and things like the local domain's shared_info page which is really a Xen heap page, but will do the wrong thing for ordinary pages out of the local domain's page allocator (like the xenstored page). It will try to tear down rmap, drop refcnts, atc and get itself into a mess.

Isn't it possible to fix xc_map_foreign_range() to do the right thing for
'ordinary' pages?

I think PageReserved will fix this so we can use xc_map_foreign_range. The underlying ioctl should definitely have a safety catch added, to avoid inadvertently mapping local non-reserved pages.

 -- Keir

Xen-devel mailing list