Re: [Xen-devel] xen in vmware 4.5?

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005, Tim Newsham wrote:

This is a strange question on a xen list I know, but I'm seeing
vmware 4.5 panic when it tries to boot xen.  Strangely enough

Does the root filesystem have a /lib/tls directory? Some older versions of vmware are incompatible with the way in which we fix up /lib/tls libraries. This would be fixed by moving /lib/tls to e.g., /lib/tls.disabled

I tracked this down to kudzu.  Turning kudzu off got past
this issue and let the system finish coming up.  The vmware
log indicated a problem while accessing the floppy device
with DMA turned off (even when I removed the floppy device
from the virtual machine).

Tim Newsham