Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 3.0 Xend loses network - eth0 -> veth0?

On 5 Jun 2005, at 21:53, Jurgen Stroo wrote:

The thing is, after I've got the following configuration it is still -NOT-

megalosaurus:~# ifconfig -a
eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF

The MAC address should be FE:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF. The one above is the broadcast address. Not sure if it actually matters, but worth fixing anyway as it might confuse the bridge.

I had problems with ARP when I first started testing veth0. It turned out that domain0 was not applying the information in ARP packets to the ARP cache. Since the ARP cache wasn't kept up to date, I saw very weird IP behaviour.

I fixed that particular bug, but maybe there's another one. It is perhaps worth looking at /proc/net/arp and seeing how it compares with other machines on your network.

 -- Keir

Xen-devel mailing list