Re: [Xen-devel] what's maximum speed setting for xen network?

It is possible to rate limit vifs but it won't be active by default.

What are you using to copy the files across?  If you're using scp, bear in
bind that both virtual machines will have to do crypto, so you could actually
be limited by CPU performance rather than virtual network.

Also, uniprocessor systems are a worst case for this sort of test because
you'll incur a lot of context switches.  Hyperthreading should be able to
mitigate this somewhat.

There are plans to optimise host-internal networking somewhat.

Cheers,
Mark