Re: [Xen-devel] Problems compiling Xen for ia64

To: <ricardost@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Problems compiling Xen for ia64
From: "Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 15:18:46 -0700
Cc: Xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 22:19:16 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Ricardo --

I'm not sure from your message, but I suspect that you
are using a very old distribution of Xen/ia64, perhaps
the one from the HP Labs ftp site?  The current
README.xenia64 does not refer to install.sh.

Xen/ia64 is now available as part of the standard Xen
"unstable" distribution, at xen.bkbits.net/xeno-unstable.bk.
If you obtain this on an ia64 box, change to
the xeno-unstable.bk directory, then cd to the xen
subdirectory.  Then read arch/ia64/tools/README.xenia64.

Note that the unstable tree is, well, unstable.  Because
development continues on the x86 and x86-64 branches,
sometimes the unstable tree is inconsistent with the
latest arch/ia64 files and will not compile.  (That is
the case right now until the Cambridge Xen team pulls
the latest from the xen-ia64.bkbits.net tree.)

In particular Xen/ia64 has a dependency on a copy of
Linux (as described in README.xenia64) and this has just
been rebased to 2.6.11.  You might want to wait a day or
two until this all works through the bk system.

Also, I should point you to the new xen-ia64 distribution
list.  See http://lists.xensource.com/xen-ia64 to sign up

Thanks,
Dan Magenheimer
HP Labs Fort Collins