Re: [Xen-devel] Updated version of VM-Tools and libxen available

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, aq <aquynh@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Updated version of VM-Tools and libxen available
From: Mark Williamson <maw48@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 15:34:13 +0100
Cc: Daniel Stekloff <dsteklof@xxxxxxxxxx>, marvel@xxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 14:51:29 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In Linux you can bind a file to a block device using:

losetup /dev/loop0 /path/to/file

Where loop0 is an unbound loop device (most Linux installs should have at
least loop0, loop1 ... loop 7).

You can then specify /dev/loop0 as the device to export to the domain.

When you're done, use losetup -d /dev/loop0 to remove the binding and free
that device.

HTH
Mark