Re: [Xen-devel] Badness in local_bh_enable (e1000???)

To: James Harper <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Badness in local_bh_enable (e1000???)
From: Nick Craig-Wood <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 13:40:49 +0100
Cc: Ian Pratt <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Nicholas Lee <nic-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 12:43:05 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 09:41:03PM +1000, James Harper wrote:
> I notice you have the e1000 module loaded. In my configuration I am
> using linux-iscsi to run the root device over an e1000 card, which seems
> to work fine until the moment a domain > 0 tries to access the exported
> iscsi device and then dom0 immediately crashes and burns (dom>0
> segfaults too but probably as a result of the error being inherited from
> dom0)

Interesting.

Everything seems to be working fine.  The network perhaps is a bit
slower than it should be.

> If I use a non-e1000 network card it all works fine.
>
> Can you try another network adapter?

Not easily - this is a 1U rackmount Dell PE750 server and the e1000 is
on the motherboard.

> In my configuration, only dom0 uses the e1000. I have another adapter in
> the machine with vlans (3 interfaces including the network that the
> e1000 is on, none of which have ip addresses in dom0) bridged for use by
> other domains.

We route everything.  Once bitten by bridging disasters twice shy ;-)

--
Nick Craig-Wood <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> -- http://www.craig-wood.com/nick