RE: [Xen-devel] USB virt 2.6 port status

To: "Harry Butterworth" <harry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Mark.Williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] USB virt 2.6 port status
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 19:19:40 -0000
Cc: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <ian.pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 19:23:16 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Good to hear that progress is being made.

I suspect that linux 2.4 dom0 (as opposed to domU) functionality will be
dropped at some point in the not too distant future. Moving the
IOAPIC/PCI functionality from Xen into dom0 will certainly break it, and
its not clear who will care enough to fix it. Maybe someone will.

Ian