[Xen-devel] fsck.reiserfs problem

To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] fsck.reiserfs problem
From: Paul Larson <pl@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 12:40:22 -0600
Delivery-date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 19:34:43 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Anyone seen this before? from fsck.reiserfs on boot under xenU
2.0-testing latest bk:
get_dma_info failed Bad file descriptor
###########
reiserfsck --check started at Thu Mar 17 12:32:18 2005
###########
Replaying journal..
Reiserfs journal '/dev/hda2' in blocks [18..8211]: 0 transactions
replayed
bwrite: write 4096 bytes returned -1 (block=16, dev=3): Operation not
permitted

It's happening at boot time on my /usr which is read-only.  I'm guessing
that's the problem based on the output, but how do people normally work
around this when they try to reuse their /usr as read-only?  It's
preventing me from booting normally.

--
Thanks,
Paul Larson