Re: [Xen-devel] Xend port

OK, let me list all the ports involved:

* 8000 - Xend's HTTP interface for control
* 8001 - from Anthony's e-mail this is Xend's event port
* 8002 - from Anthony's e-mail this is xfrd's (control???) port
* 8080 - this is the HTTP port for the XenSV web interface

The situation regarding web interfaces is a bit confused.  Xend serves a basic
web interface on 8000 if you connect with a web browser or communicates using
an SXP-based protocol if you connect using xm.

XenSV is a pretty web interface that runs as a separate server.  You connect
to it using a browser pointed at port 8080.  It issues commands to Xend using
the SXP-based protocol on port 8000 (!).

AFAIK, neither of these use SSL.  Xend can be secured by only allowing
connections from localhost but XenSV cannot, so you should only use it in an
environment where you have reason to trust your network!

> > 1) xend web interface appears on port 8080 (non SSL).  Is the
> > xend-config.sxp parameter not honored?
>
> I'm not sure.  I'm reasonably sure that even if you could support
> changing the port, changing it to 443 would not automatically make it
> use SSL.

The parameter in the Xend config file is for Xend's HTTP control interface
(i.e. to make this other than 8000).  This is not the same as the XenSV web
interface, which is at 8080.  The XenSV one is the one you have to edit a
Python file to change the port :-/

HTH,
Mark