[Xen-devel] Being Nomad with Xen...

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Being Nomad with Xen...
From: Laurent Dubuisson <laurent.dubuisson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 13:06:28 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 14:49:20 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

Just  a newbee question looking Xen from a long time and now ready to make the
switch...

I need : answers and confirmations.
I offer : documentation on this case.
My aim : beeing a true nomad.

My simple case is :

First ) I need to show clients applications that work only on MicroS and I
want to use multiple Linux tailored environments for management and
development.

Second ) I want to work on the linux part not only on my professinal laptop
but also on other P6 desktops without needing to reconfigure all. Let's say
have the domains>1 on a mobile hard drive.

May simple question is :

How ?

May simple approach is :

MicroS ... Wait that Xen is public for the 2003 server...
But I can't wait then I will use a First Primary Partition in 2003 Server with
VMWare that will laucnh the different environment I need for my commercial
presentations.

Linux
Set-up a Second Primary Partition (then Grub) with a minimal Xen dom0  (which
one ? ttylinux or Yosper ? or Gentoo ?)
Is it possible to remove the Linux distrib after the xen patch ? Let's say
better if I have something that install the Xen Domain 0 that all.

and after all that install my other distribs specific environment
(Management / Mono Develop / Rebol Develop / Database mini server) on a data
partition of a Mobile disk.

If I need to change of hardware I just need to rebuild the MicroS environment
and the Domain0. Is it possiblr to have it on a usb mobile drive too or a CD
(a tiny domain0 can be completed loaded in Memory) ? Let's say...I have a
MicroS laptop cause I can't do nothing else and I have a CD to boot to my
complete environment in a Mobile HD...completly nomad and I can work
everywhere a CPU is available...