RE: [Xen-devel] New Xentest automated testing framework snapshot

On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 22:45 +0000, Ian Pratt wrote:
> Folks,
> This work is much appreciated -- many thanks.
>
> It would be great if someone could set this up to start doing nightly
> builds, tests and benchmarks, and make the results available. It would
> also be useful to do some 'historical' tests too, perhaps running the
> kernel on every Sunday night in the unstable tree all the way back to
> the 2.0.
That's the idea.  Most of my testing with xentest so far has been for
the purpose of making sure xentest is behaving properly, but this week
(hopefully) I'm going to try to get a few machines in my environment
doing this every night.  It will be LTP initially, but I hope to be
adding more tests and test suites to the mix, and I'm even more hopeful
about either writing, or getting some xen specific tests dropped in my
lap (I know you sent me one a while back, that one is first in the
queue).

As for results, my thoughts were to just do some postprocessing and
results comparison between consecutive runs to see if anything changed,
and examine any new failures to see if they are really bugs or not.  If
you'd like to see more frequent results postings, and it wouldn't be
bothersome, I can see what can be done.

Ideally though, this is most useful if a lot of different people are
running this on a variety of machines.

--
Thanks,
Paul Larson