Re: [Xen-devel] Memory limits?

To: "MarkWilliamson" <Mark.Williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Memory limits?
From: "Rene Auberger" <r.auberger@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 20:27:38 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 19:29:42 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Mark Williamson <maw48@xxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb am 22.02.05 00:04:10:
>>How much memory can I assign to each guest:
>>* not more than physical memory in the machine?
>Yes, Xen doesn't do swapping.  If swapping is needed, the guests should be
>configured to do it themselves.
>> * not more than physical memory minus memory used by dom0 and other doms?
>Correct.  Bear in mind Xen uses some memory too.

Are there any plans on implementing swapping? It's really comfortable to start
multiple guests with more memory than actually installed in the machine to have
it available in case they need it (without manually tweaking something during
the systems already run). That's one of the features I really like in VMWare