xen-cim

Re: [Xen-cim] VM lifecycle management

To: Jim Fehlig <jfehlig@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-cim] VM lifecycle management
From: Daniel Veillard <veillard@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 04:04:37 -0400
Cc: xen-cim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 01:04:59 -0700
Sender: xen-cim-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 04:42:11PM -0600, Jim Fehlig wrote:
> I noticed this message on xen-devel a few days back:
>
>   http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2006-06/msg00390.html
>
> Of particular interest:
>
>    Things I'd ideally still like to see get included:
>    * xend VM lifecycle management patches (I'm told this is almost
> ready for posting)

  yeah I'm eagerly waiting for informations about this too as you can guess !

> Is someone working on this?  I'm a little confused in that I thought
> this was in early design stage at best.
[...]
> Will the VM lifecycle management patches mentioned above include support
> for the suspended (saved) state?

  There is a lot of questions about the set of states, their semantic and
the transitions between them. I would really like to finish implementing
libvirt entry points:
    virDomainCreate
    virDomainUndefine
    virConnectListDefinedDomains
which were requested for CIM. I don't want to push an implementation
which may not match the upcoming model for Xen,

Daniel

veillard@xxxxxxxxxx  | libxml GNOME XML XSLT toolkit  http://xmlsoft.org/