xen-arm

[Xen-API] Xen.org services migrating to Rackspace Hosting : some downtim

To: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-arm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-API] Xen.org services migrating to Rackspace Hosting : some downtime expected
From: Lars Kurth <lars.kurth@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2011 18:42:42 +0000
Delivery-date: Mon, 07 Nov 2011 10:43:11 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=sender:message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to:subject :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=Y3nKtit0WrEPWov8mUEGoMUEVl1+amW0+1JzS3xG+HI=; b=azLkBqmFVsYfBnS2kwIem4d2XcrSJxjA5TO+wRU51JFzkL8zG9qxz/bY2KpLVQWSGN ziaHFI/C3cPDtB01hISS4aPgMHIGxaiGM2lkqrjhapY70Uw2+Nk2BMZpU44RUiRJ6r1I Ixh/X5nwpNgwBSb2ini4fZVjn2JKpw33W69bE=
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi everybody,

Rackspace Hosting has offered the Xen.org community to host xen.org services and we have started migration last week. The expectation is that all services will be migrated by Nov the 21st. There will be a number of services where there may be short downtimes. These will be announced in due course.

Xen.org has already been migrated.

We have a new MediaWiki (in testing) and we will be retiring the old MoinMoin Wiki. For now, you can check out the new Wiki on http://new-wiki.xen.org. Note that only a few pages have been migrated so far and I played with the categories.

The expectation is that
- Pages marked as "Keep" in http://tinyurl.com/78fry5y will be migrated first - The old Wiki will become read-only and we also will publish converted markup for the old Wiki. Test snapshots of these can be found at http://new-wiki.xen.org/old-wiki/ & http://new-wiki.xen.org/old-wiki-converted/ - most pages appear to translate fairly nicely, except those with images and macros - Some pages, such as http://wiki.xen.org/xenwiki/VirtualPrivateServerProviders may be migrated to the static xen.org site (TBD)

We intentionally do not want to wholesale migrate all content as so much is out-of-date. The move to the new Wiki The detailed timing (i.e. exactly when we will switch off the old instance off is still to be determined). But it will have to be before Nov 21st. Note that you can already sign up as users: we will not migrate MoinMoin users.

We will leave the look and feel as a basic Media Wiki for now, but will make improvements and install additional plug-ins, etc. in due course.

I will let you know more on the timing on the other services on Wednesday

Regards
Lars